- What Is Eye Care?
- Common Types Of Eye Surgery
- Why Iran?
- Eye Exam
What is Eye Care?
The eye is a very important and fragile organ in your body and needs extreme care. There are a number of vision disorders such as myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness) and astigmatism that are included among refractive errors. That is why everyone needs to have regular checkups to diagnose the possible errors in his/her eyes through the eye exam and take action to resolve them by using eyeglasses, contact lenses or having surgery.
Common Types of Eye Surgery
Today, eye surgery has improved in various ways and can be used for treating eye problems. Laser eye surgery is a common solution that can correct short-sightedness, long-sightedness, and astigmatism by reshaping the surface of the eye.
LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) is a laser vision correction method that can improve your vision by changing the shape of your cornea and is similar to LASEK. The chances of having dry eyes after the surgery are reduced in Lasek. However, the time needed for recovery is longer in contrast to LASIK. You must consult with an experienced ophthalmologist to choose the best option according to your eye condition.
Cataract is an eye condition that usually happens with aging and is mostly seen among the elderly. Due to the cloudiness of the eye’s lens, a cataract cannot be corrected with glasses or LASIK. In this case, modern Cataract Surgery is used, which is a common eye surgery and often can restore your vision. Various types of eye surgery are available for the patients and it is an expert eye surgeon responsibility to propose the best procedure suitable for you.
There are a number of problems related to how a patient heals after the operation, which make choosing an experienced surgeon to be considered an important factor in this process. That being said Iran has:
- Very well-educated and highly-experienced surgeons and ophthalmologists that can help the patients to have their desired vision after the eye surgery.
- Well-equipped clinics and hospitals using advanced technologies for eye treatments.
- Affordable prices
- High quality and high success rate of eye treatments
If you seek treating eye disease abroad and you’ve chosen Iran to have your surgery, Medtouriran can provide you with ophthalmic treatments by using the latest techniques at affordable prices. Furthermore, you can go sightseeing and visit the historical and natural attractions of the capital city, Tehran, while you’re in the city.
There are a number of things you need to do before and after the eye surgery, which are more or less the same in different types of eye surgeries. If you are planning to get LASIK (in particular), remember to:
- Remove all makeup the night before surgery
- Stop wearing soft contacts before surgery. Ask your surgeon to give you more details about how long before the Lasik surgery you need to stop wearing them.
- Ask someone to drive you back home after the surgery
- If you take specific medication, consult with your surgeon to see if you’re allowed to continue taking them before or after the eye surgery.
There are some myths about Lasik that you might have heard of. For instance, some people believe that you can go blind from Lasik surgery; that’s not true and such a thing has never happened to anyone. However, there are some temporary side effects:
- Dry eyes
- Night vision problems
- Seeing halos around images
- Not getting the expected results (over- or under-correction)
Taking the necessary safety precautions can reduce the side effects of eye surgery. Moreover, there are some treatment options that can help you manage these problems successfully.
Just as it is important to take care of your body, you also need to get your eyes checked regularly to diagnose possible eye diseases and start the proper treatment as soon as possible. So, take care of your eye seriously and don’t postpone your appointment with your ophthalmologist.